Monday, December 20, 2010

Cloud Print On Chrome OS

I tried Cloud Print...and I liked it...

That's what that famous singer would sing if it was her. Google Cloud Print works very well from Chrome OS. A simple setup, requiring an update to the latest version of Chrome on my Windows PC and an authorization to the Cloud Print Beta service. No driver issues, no annoying lengthy updates and restarts, just a few clicks and I'm printing from my Chromeputer - yeah, that's what I'm calling it lately! :)

The setup is simple - you must have a printer installed on your Windows PC, get the latest version of Google Chrome browser, sync it and authorize Cloud Print. Once you do that you can print from any synched device to your printer! Need more? Check out Google's explanation here.

Printing has always been one of the biggest hassles in computing. Installing a printer is like setting up the clock in the VCR or the microwave - once you get it to work you don't want to mess with it - so if Cloud Print can ease this task it will become one of my favorite services. I hope Google develops it to support Mac soon so I can print all those very few papers that I still am obligated to. They truly are very few every month, but it's still worth it! Good job with this one Google!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment